On add icons to your desktop, such as This Computer, Recycle Bin, and others, follow these steps:
- Choose Start, then Settings, then Personalization, then Themes from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to Desktop icon settings, which may be found under Themes. Select the icons that you want to see on your desktop, and then click Apply and OK.
How do I turn on the computer icon on my desktop?
- If you want an icon on your desktop, you may use the following: Change to the desktop view, rather than the Start/Metro/Mod view, if necessary. Right-click anywhere on the desktop that is free of clutter. Right-mouse click is required. A context menu will be displayed. Shortcut may be created by selecting New > Shortcut. Enter the command C:WindowsSystem32shutdown.exe /s /t 0 into the appropriate place.
How do I put this PC on my desktop?
This PC shortcut should be enabled:
- Personalize your desktop by selecting it using the right-click menu. Find and pick Themes from the Personalization menu. Locate and choose the Desktop icon from the themes menu. A dialog containing Desktop icon configuration options will display. Locate and pick Computer from the Desktop Icons drop-down menu. Make the necessary adjustments and click OK.
How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 11?
Personalize your desktop by selecting it from the context menu of the right-clicking mouse button.
- When you click on this, the Personalization Settings page will be shown. Then, scroll down to the ‘Related settings’ section and select Desktop icon settings from the drop-down menu. This will bring up the Desktop Icon Configuration panel.
- You will now see the icon ‘This PC’ appear on your desktop, just where it should be.
Why are my desktop icons not showing?
Make certain that the Show Desktop Icons function is turned on. Here’s how you can go about it: Right-click on an empty area on your desktop to bring up the context menu. By selecting View, you should be able to see the Show Desktop Icons option. Try checking and unchecking the Show Desktop Icons option a few times, but be sure to keep it checked the entire time you’re playing.
How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 10?
The following steps will guide you through the process of restoring the My Computer icon to the desktop:
- Right-click the desktop and select Personalize
- 2) Select Themes
- 3) Select “Go to desktop icon settings” from the drop-down menu.
- 4) Select Computer from the drop-down menu.
- 5) Click Apply.
- 6) Click OK to confirm. Select Rename from the context menu when you right-click on This PC.
Where did all my desktop icons go Windows 10?
Check to see if the “Show desktop icon” function has been activated on your Windows 10 computer: Right-click your desktop, select View, and then select Show desktop icons from the drop-down menu. Check to check if your desktop icons have returned to their original positions.
Where did my icons go?
Select Applications or Manage apps from the drop-down menu. Now, locate and launch the misplaced application. Look for the Disable or Start/Enable options, if they are available. If you see that the app has been disabled, you will need to press the Enable button to make it operational.