On add icons to your desktop, such as This Computer, Recycle Bin, and others, follow these steps:
- Choose Start, then Settings, then Personalization, then Themes from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to Desktop icon settings, which may be found under Themes. Select the icons that you want to see on your desktop, and then click Apply and OK.
How do I turn on the computer icon on my desktop?
- If you want an icon on your desktop, you may use the following: Change to the desktop view, rather than the Start/Metro/Mod view, if necessary. Right-click anywhere on the desktop that is free of clutter. Right-mouse click is required. A context menu will be displayed. Shortcut may be created by selecting New > Shortcut. Enter the command C:WindowsSystem32shutdown.exe /s /t 0 into the appropriate place.
- 1 How do I put this PC on desktop?
- 2 How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 10?
- 3 How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 11?
- 4 Why are my desktop icons not showing?
- 5 Is there a show desktop icon for Windows 10?
- 6 How do I restore my desktop icons in Windows 10?
- 7 How do I find hidden icons on my desktop?
How do I put this PC on desktop?
This PC shortcut should be enabled:
- Personalize your desktop by selecting it using the right-click menu. Find and pick Themes from the Personalization menu. Locate and choose the Desktop icon from the themes menu. A dialog containing Desktop icon configuration options will display. Locate and pick Computer from the Desktop Icons drop-down menu. Make the necessary adjustments and click OK.
How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 10?
Windows 10 allows you to add a computer on your desktop.
- Right-click on the Desktop and choose the Personalize option from the contextual menu that appears. Pick a theme from the left-hand navigation pane of the Personalization screen. On the following page, select Computer from the drop-down menu and then click on Apply and OK to save this configuration to your computer.
How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 11?
Personalize your desktop by selecting it from the context menu of the right-clicking mouse button.
- When you click on this, the Personalization Settings page will be shown. Then, scroll down to the ‘Related settings’ section and select Desktop icon settings from the drop-down menu. This will bring up the Desktop Icon Configuration panel.
- You will now see the icon ‘This PC’ appear on your desktop, just where it should be.
Why are my desktop icons not showing?
Make certain that the Show Desktop Icons function is turned on. Here’s how you can go about it: Right-click on an empty area on your desktop to bring up the context menu. By selecting View, you should be able to see the Show Desktop Icons option. Try checking and unchecking the Show Desktop Icons option a few times, but be sure to keep it checked the entire time you’re playing.
Is there a show desktop icon for Windows 10?
As for the display desktop button, which is located in the lower right corner of your screen, it is still functional in Windows 10. Before anything else, I’d check to see if the task bar has been extended by hovering over the border and resizing the task bar.
How do I restore my desktop icons in Windows 10?
How to get the old Windows desktop icons back on your computer
- Navigate to the Settings menu, then to Personalization, then Themes, and finally the Desktop Icons Settings link. Ensure that each icon you wish to show on the desktop, such as Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel, is enabled. Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
In order to display or conceal all of your desktop icons, right-click on your desktop, point to “View,” and then select “Show Desktop Icons” from the drop-down menu. This option is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and even Windows XP.